Athy Retail Skills
Commencing 24th June 2019
This project is designed to help unemployed people to acquire the basic IT, interpersonal and vocational employment skills, and support them into further training, education or employment.
The Athy Training Centre provides fulltime training for QQI Level 4 Major Award in Retail Skills over a period of 38 weeks.
The aim of this programme is to provide learners with the opportunity to excel at retail skills such as stock control and till operation, interpersonal and communication skills and IT competence in order to progress into employment in the retail sector or continue further training.
They offer an interactive learning experience along with the training to empower you to gain a job in the retail market.
All modules are compulsory
- Retail Payment Procedures
- Retail Sales Techniques
- Stock Control
- Customer Service
- Information Technology Skills
- Plant ID, Care & Maintenance
- Work Experience – 3 weeks work experience placement
Steps to secure a place:
- Register your interest for the course by contacting Obair in Athy Phone: 059 8632685 or call into your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo office (Carlow/Newbridge/Portlaoise)
- When places become available, you will be contacted for an interview to assess your suitability for the course.
- If you are suitable for the course, you will be called by SOLAS to start.
- During the course, you may receive a SOLAS payment, if eligible (some social entitlements may also be affected).
- You are welcome to meet with the tutors to discuss the course in more detail. Please ring in advance to make an appointment.
Contact: Josephine or Bernie (Course Coordinators)
Phone: (059) 8640945
Facebook: Athy Retail Skills
Location: Woodstock Street, Athy, Co. Kildare