Ability is co-financed by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020
The aim of our Ability Programme is to support young people, aged 16-19 years, with a disability who are not in education, training or employment.
We work with young people who are not engaging in services to create a plan for their future through:
- using a person centred approach
- creating personal action plans,
- tailor-made education and training programmes
- employment supports
- supporting people back to education and training
- support employers in Kildare to be more inclusive
How we support Ability Programme participants:
- We support project participants who are not currently engaging with other services by using a range of person-centred approaches including the development of a personal action plan to identify training needs in personal/social and employment focused skills.
- We get to know each participant and assist them in creating personal goals.
- We assist young people to develop the confidence and independence required to participate in education, training and employment.
- We support people to identify suitable education and training options.
- We support employers to upskill and become more inclusive and provide more meaningful roles for people with disabilities.
There are set eligibility criteria for this Programme:
- Aged between 16-19 years. (Proof of age will be required)
- Have a diagnosis of a disability or in receipt of disability allowance
For further information or for a referral form please email our Co-Ordinator;
Co-Ordinator - Naas