Are You Volunteering or Working in the Community Sector in County Kildare?
If yes, County Kildare LEADER Partnership (CKLP) are offering an opportunity to study for a
NUI Certificate in Equality Studies in Training and Development – Community Sector Level 7 (Online)
The course is facilitated by Maynooth University’s Department of Adult & Community Education and will take place online from October 2020 to mid- May 2021, with an initial Saturday induction workshop on campus in Maynooth University. It aims to equip the participants with the knowledge and understanding needed to deal effectively and sensitively with the different equality and diversity issues at all levels of Irish society, the community and the workplace.
Who Should Apply?
Funded under CKLP’s Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP), Expressions of Interest are welcome from people who:
- Are 21 years or over
- Are actively involved in a community/voluntary organisation in County Kildare that supports the social Inclusion of people and communities
- Have already successfully completed a CKLP Maynooth University Level 7 certificate
- Have the openness to reflect on one’s own practice, attitudes and beliefs
- Have a commitment to online learning in a group setting
- Have access to broadband and a laptop, or similar, for the duration of the course
The course is free for successful applicants; however, a voluntary contribution will be requested to contribute towards course administration and overheads. Please note: If oversubscribed, priority will be given to those who are voluntary members of, or CE scheme participants in, local community groups.
for an Expression of Interest form or with any queries
Flyer Equality Studies Certificate 2020-21 – Expressions of Interest for this course closed on Wednesday 2nd September.
All applicants successful at the shortlisting stage will be invited to attend an informal interview.
Please note: Places will not be offered to successful applicants until all interviews are completed.