Receipt of Complaint
- Where a complaint is made verbally, in writing or by email to a staff member the complaint should be communicated to the Senior Manager with responsibility. If the complaint is about an individual the complaint must be made in writing and must contain the person’s name, and specific details which gave rise to the complaint including the date and location.
- If the complaint is about a staff member, the staff member involved must be formally notified and will be entitled to be accompanied by a colleague/staff representative to any meetings/discussions which take place about the complaint.
- Where a complaint is made to a Board member about the Company the Board member will inform the Chairperson who will communicate with the CEO to deal with the matter.
- The Senior Manager will seek to resolve the matter informally to the satisfaction of the complainant and if successful no further action will be required. The timeframe for dealing with a complaint in this manner will be within two weeks of the complaint being made.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the efforts of the Senior Manager to resolve the matter informally s/he will be invited to make a written complaint to the CEO or to the Chairperson of the Board if the CEO has dealt with the initial efforts to resolve the complaint.
- If the complaint is about an individual the complaint must be made in writing and contain the person’s name, and give details such as dates and locations. The complaint will be acknowledged in writing by post/email within 5 working days. The CEO will investigate the matter with the staff member(s) or others concerned and will meet with the complainant. Having considered the matter the CEO will respond to the complainant within 20 working days of the complaint being made. If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, they will be offered the opportunity to have their complaint referred to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors who will consider the matter and respond within 15 working days.
- Where all internal attempts to resolve the complaint have been exhausted the Board of Directors will reserve the right to offer external mediation in the interests of resolving a customer complaint.
- At any stage of this complaints procedure, where a complaint is upheld, the Senior Manager / CEO will take appropriate measures to address the matter. All complaints and any corrective action will be reported to the Board of Directors.