The Enterprise Skills Programme is a dedicated CE Scheme funded by the Department of Social Protection
Please note the next programme is due to start in person in September 2022.
This 14 week self-employment starter programme is a specialised Community Employment Scheme that is Sponsored by County Kildare Leader Partnership and funded by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
What is the Enterprise Skills Programme?
It is a self-employment starter programme for those with a clear business idea who need to gain the skills and knowledge around starting their own business.
What do the participants get?
- Group training days
- Mentoring throughout the 14 weeks. These one to one mentoring sessions are with an Accountant, a Marketing expert and the ESP coordinator
How does it work?
- This specialised Community Employment scheme requires learners to participate for 19.5 hrs a week, over 14 weeks.
- 2 days per week for group training with qualified professionals offering essential business skills training such as finance and marketing.
- The reminder of the 19.5 will be spent developing their business plan workbook.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to gain relevant QQI or industry standard training to enhance their skills.
- Must be in receipt of a relevant Social Welfare Payment
- Must be registered with your Local Employment Service
- Will need to have basic computer skills and an excellent level of spoken English.
- As this programme is a CE scheme transfers from other CE schemes are possible for suitable candidates.
What’s covered on the Programme
- Market research, Sales & Marketing
- Basic Book- keeping & Financial planning,
- Customer service and Introduction to social media for small business
- Exploring the realities of Self Employment: managing your time and your stress
- Completion of the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Workbook in preparation of applying for the BTWEA scheme
“The KSJ service is delivered as part of the Enterprise Skills Programme, which is a specialised Community Employment Scheme sponsored by County Kildare LEADER Partnership and funded by the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection”.
For further information contact:
Enterprise Skills Programme Supervisor