What is Heads Up Kildare?
Heads Up is an innovative, evidence-based 12-week training programme (2 mornings a week) which:
- Enables participants to develop their resilience
- Build their physical fitness
- Develop social connections
- Set goals and follow through on actions
The programme covers 4 elements
- Wellbeing and Resilience – supports men who have been experiencing adversity to gain an understanding of mental health recovery and wellness so that they can build their resilience and respond positively to stress and stressful situations. Over the duration of the course, participants learn to recognise the signs of stress and distress and, in turn, are supported to identify and choose more positive responses.
- Life Planning – enabling men to set goals and take action – men are supported to identify and achieve their personal goals and to access the supports and services available to them.
- Physical Fitness – This recognises the strong correlation between good physical and mental health.
- A male space that supports networking – encourages men to get to know others, develop connections.
What do we provide?
We provide group work, individual work, physical fitness, social space and signposts and links to external supports and services.
How do I contact Heads Up Kildare?
You can contact us by ringing or emailing the following:
Niamh 085 2845871
Lorna 085 8421347