Interview Preparation and Skills Workshops
These workshops are designed to provide people with planning and skills around preparing for an interview . They are delivered in an informal , inclusive way to facilitate discussion around the interview planning and preparation.
The 1 .5 hour workshop session covers:
- Personal preparation for the interview
- How to build your confidence in advance of the interview
- Identifying your transferable skills.
- How to talk about your ‘strengths and weaknesses’
- Matching your skills to the job description
- Matching your skills to the person specification.
- Identifying how your ‘soft’ skills may complement the ‘hard skills required for the job
- Identifying what interviewers are looking for from an interviewee
- Understanding and preparing for a variety of interview techniques and approaches .
- How to deal with difficult questions
- What questions to ask and how to ask them
- How to manage questions around gaps in your CV
- Starting and finishing an interview confidently
- The role of body language
Where appropriate one to one interview preparation sessions can be arranged.