Do you Want to Start your Own Business? Be Self Employed?
Pre Enterprise Clients need to be referred from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
Please speak to your case officer first
Please note you must have been referred by your DEASP Case Worker for self-employment and then registered as a client of CKLP by the Enterprise Support Worker to be eligible to attend these FREE training courses.
SICAP receives referrals from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) for people who have a clear idea for starting their own business, and those people receive one-to-one support through business planning and application for the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.
Attached is the overview for all 4 days of the PET (pre-enterprise training) courses:
Day 1 Business Basics :
- Guide through basic VAT issues to include regulations around VAT registrations, how to register, impact, filing dates, and impact on selling price of goods and service.
- Define Legal structures available to businesses, explain the difference between sole trader, Partnership and Ltd Company structures to include the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Guidance on how to decide on business structure for their business.
- Provide training on income tax/PRSI/USC – basics that impact the attendees: Registration/dates / reliefs available etc
- Understand the importance of Business Planning and strategy.
- Think big and chunk out into smaller manageable sub goals.
- Set milestones and goals for the business.
- Identify resources needed now and in future.
- Show how to produce KPIs that are easy to report on.
- Show why what gets measured gets done.
Day 2 Costing, Pricing & Cash flow
- How to price their product or service
- Complete a first year Cash Flow Projection
- Break Even Analysis
Day 3 Financial Projections
- Teach the importance of proper record keeping and show examples and best practice for both manual record keeping and computerised record keeping depending on the individual case. Advantages and disadvantages of both.
- Teach some basic accounting and how to build debtors/creditors lists
- How to make a sale and get paid- brief on credit terms
- Identify their start-up costs and the various sources of funding
- Complete a first year Profit and Loss Account
Day 4 Marketing / Market Research / Route to Market
- Know how to determine your USP – Unique Selling Point
- Learn how to design and implement a best in class marketing plan for their brand (digital and traditional).
- Know how to set a marketing budget and write a marketing plan for their business.
- Know how to measure the effectiveness of their campaign by setting clear goals and targets for their campaign and brand
Once you have your referral letter from your Case Worker in Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection – Please call us on: 045-895450 to make an appointment with the Enterprise Support Worker.