The Sports Hub Co-ordinator will be employed by County Kildare Leader Partnership. He/she will report to the Sports Co-ordinator, Kildare Sports Partnership and work with the relevant organisations and individuals to develop, co-ordinate and implement a comprehensive plan to promote water sport in the county and attract and develop sustainable usage of the Community Sports and Physical Activity Hub on the River Barrow and Grand Canal.
The individual will also work closely with Kildare County Council, local water-based clubs, schools and community based organisations to promote the facility/amenity as a venue for sustainable community sport and physical activity.
Overall Purpose of Position:
To assist Kildare Sports Partnership in achieving its core objectives of:
- Developing partnership and co-ordination between the relevant local statutory and voluntary bodies and maximising their involvement in the development of water sports in the county
- Supporting the existing clubs in their club development plans through governance, club structure and programmes
- Thinking strategically in the development of water-based clubs and facilities in the area
- Delivering water sport programmes to key target communities as agreed by Kildare Sports Partnership including; schools, youth groups, clubs and organisations
- Increasing participation and the opportunities for participation in water sports on the River Barrow and Grand Canal
- Helping to maximise the sports and recreation potential of the River Barrow and Grand Canal by promoting existing events and developing new water sport events
- Promoting the Community Sports Hub as a venue for sustainable physical activity
Reporting to Kildare Sports Partnership Sports Co-ordinator on an ongoing basis, the Sports Hub Co-ordinator will have responsibility for the implementation of current and future development programmes of Kildare Sports Partnership including –
- Planning, organising and implementing education & skills courses
- Assist in the development of training courses as required
- Providing education, up-skilling and identification of volunteers through various programmes and Club structures
- Organise and implement appropriate training and education activity for Schools, Adult groups, socially excluded groups, youth groups and people with disabilities
- Organise and implement Summer / Easter camp programme
- Deliver programmes to key target communities
- Assist in hosting and promoting events
- Assist stakeholders in facility grant applications
- Support and advise on the provision of a Water Sports Centre in Monasterevin
- Make maximum use of the River Barrow and Grand Canal and its facilities
- Adhere to all management processes as directed by the Coordinator of Kildare Sports Partnership and / or persons nominated by them
- An agreed annual work programme must be developed, agreed and implemented
- Supply reports on dates outlined by the Sports Partnership Co-ordinator
- Strictly adhere to procedures outlined by the Sports Partnership Co-ordinator in relation to any financial matters
- A quarterly report will be submitted to the Sports Partnership Co-ordinator
Promotion of Water Based Sport:
- Work in cooperation with all stakeholders to promote sport and physical activity and develop and grow the Community Sports Hub on the River Barrow and Grand Canal.
- Work with the Athy Sports Hub Coordinator to promote and develop the Sports Hub initiative in the county.
- Identify and assist local community initiatives which may benefit the development of the Community Sports Hub
- Support the development of communications promoting the Community Sports Hub
- Administrate all courses and activities
- Support the promotion of the Community Sports Hub
The post is a one year contract, subject to satisfactory completion of a 3 month probationary period. The Sports Hub Co-ordinator will work 37 hours per week. Some flexibility of hours will be required for evening and/or weekend work to accommodate the service needs, for which time off in lieu can be taken. Travelling expenses will be reimbursed where appropriate.
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of Application: – Friday, December 04th 2020 at 5 pm
Sports Hub Co-ordinator
Candidates shall be in a state of health which would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree in Sports Development, Leisure Management, Health & Fitness & Leisure Studies or equivalent is desirable
- Three years experience working in the sports development / community sector
- An understanding of the community and voluntary sector and sports and recreation environment and of motivating those sectors with lower participation characteristics to become involved
- Experience in the delivery of water based sports programmes and activities is essential
- Ability to consult, communicate and network appropriately and effectively with all sectors of the community
- Ability to monitor and evaluate work and write reports.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to co-ordinate and facilitate events
- Ability to think strategically in the development of clubs and facilities
- Ability to deliver a range of water based programmes and activities
- Ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately
- Excellent communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to advise, inform, motivate and support individuals and organisations
- Ability to prepare, monitor and manage budgets
- Ability to produce good quality publicity material
- Good I.T. skills
- Ability to manage Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
Attitude and Motivation
- A constructive, positive and progressive attitude to working as part of a team and an ability to develop partnerships with the wider community
- A self-motivated approach to work
- An awareness of the role and importance of both coordinated and inter-agency responses to local needs
- A full clean driving license and use of personal transport for work is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel