The department has processed all applications received for the emergency COVID-19 Pandemic Payment received until close of business on Thursday 26 March. Payments for over 283,000 customer have been made into customers bank accounts today Tuesday 31 March 2020.
If you have submitted an application for this emergency payment and have not received a payment into your bank account on Tuesday 31 March, it is because either:
1. Your application did not qualify for a COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment; or
2. The details you submitted did not enable us to make a payment.
If your application was deemed ineligible it was therefore not approved for one of the following reasons:
- you are not aged between 18 and 66
- you have not become fully unemployed
- you lost your employment before 13 March and are therefore not eligible for the emergency payment. Anyone who lost employment on are after 13 March is entitled to the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. If you lost your employment before this you should now submit a job seeker’s application through www.MyWelfare.ie if you have not already done so
- you are being paid by your employer using the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme operated by the Revenue Commissioners
The department undertakes control checks on all applications (which involve working with the Revenue Commissioners) to ensure eligible applications are processed into payment.
The department will write to you to explain which of the above reasons applies to your application. However, as we are faced with very high volumes of customer applications it will take some time for us to contact you.
A number of applications the department received did not include correct details in order to enable us to make a payment.
In the majority of cases the reasons for this are:
- incorrect Bank Account details entered; or
- non-Irish bank account details supplied (the department does not make payments to Revolut or N26 bank accounts); or
- incorrect identity details (for example, PPSN or date of birth) supplied; or
- the application was submitted from a non-Irish address
The department will contact individuals who details are incomplete before the next payments are generated later this week. Please note that we will never ask you to confirm bank details over the phone.
However if you think you may have incorrectly submitted the above details and you meet all the qualifying conditions set out above for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and you did not receive a payment on Tuesday 31 March 2020 then we request that you submit another application through the button below.
Please note re-applications can only be done online through www.mywelfare.ie.
Submitting a second application will not lead to duplicate payments being made.
Applications received through www.MyWelfare.ie before 4pm on Friday 3 April and which meet the qualifying conditions will be paid to customers’ bank accounts on Tuesday 7 April.