Established in 2007, County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG is a Local Development Company and a Registered Charity with its registered office at Jigginstown Commercial Centre, Jigginstown, Naas, County Kildare.
Our Mission Statement
“County Kildare LEADER Partnership will facilitate individuals and communities to participate fully in social, economic and cultural activity by supporting a vibrant and inclusive society in County Kildare”
County Kildare LEADER Partnership – what we do
County Kildare LEADER Partnership is responsible for the management of a number of Government and EU funded programmes:
- Programme Implementer for the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
- Programme Implementor for the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme
- Implementing Body for the Tus Programme on behalf of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP)
- Implementing Body for the Rural Social Scheme on behalf of the DEASP.
- Sponsor for the DARA Programme (Drug Rehabilitation) Community Employment Scheme on behalf of DEASP.
- Sponsor for the Business Development Programme CE Scheme on behalf of DEASP.
- Implementing Body for the Ability Programme on behalf of Pobal and DEASP.
- Host Organisation for a number of projects:
- Regional Drug and Alcohol Task Force funded by HSE
- Heads Up Programme funded primarily by HSE
- Older Voices Kildare Project funded primarily by HSE
- Employment of Sports Development Officer on behalf of Kildare Sports Partnership
- Employment of staff for Kildare Public Participation Network (Kildare PPN) on behalf of Kildare County Council
We believe that the welfare and protection of children and young people are of paramount importance to everything we do. Our staff, adult volunteers and Board Members take all reasonable care to ensure that children and young people involved in our services are protected from harm and any kind of abuse.
County Kildare LEADER Partnership has completed an assessment of the potential for harm to children and young people engaged in the organisation and maintains a risk register in relation to this. Harm in this context is in relation to assault, ill treatment or neglect of children and young people that seriously affects or is likely to affect the child or young persons health, development or welfare, or sexual abuse of a child or young person. This register identifies all risks of harm and lists the procedures, policies and practices that helps reduce or eliminate these risks.
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2017), and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our service:
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children;
- Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm;
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla;
- Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons;
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct, against workers/volunteers, of a child or young person availing of our service;
All procedures listed are available upon request
We recognise that implementation is an on-going process. Our service is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on _______________, or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
Signed: ______________________________ (Provider)
[Provider’s name and contact details]
|Designated Liaison Person:Adrian Brown
Contact details: 086 0436149