County Kildare LEADER Partnership Is seeking a Volunteer Company Secretary
We are seeking a Volunteer Company Secretary to work independently of our Board of Directors. The Company Secretary will be expected to attend Board meetings and assist the Company to meet its legal and regulatory requirements as a Company Limited by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG, we are keen to hear from you.
County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG is a not for profit Local Development Company, limited by guarantee and a registered charity that has been operational since January 2009. The Company has a Board of Directors, sub committees, and staff that are focused on supporting communities and individuals to improve their quality of life and play a full and active role in their local community.
County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG, is currently responsible for the implementation of the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP), and the Rural Development Programme/LEADER under contract to Kildare LCDC. The Company is also sponsor to two Community Employment Schemes, implementing body for TUS and the Rural Social Schemes, the Ability Programme, the Asylum Seeker and Migrant Integration Fund and other streams of Government funding. The Company also hosts several projects with a strong social inclusion focus on behalf of Government agencies and Kildare County Council.
Local Development Company: Committee / Board work
Jigginstown Commercial Centre, Naas County Kildare, Eircode: W91 A2XE
The role of Company Secretary will involve:
- Maintaining the register of any members, the register of trustees / directors and secretaries, the register of trustees’ and secretary’s interests
- Being familiar with the Company Memorandum and Articles of Association, the legal and regulatory responsibilities and the role and responsibilities of County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG to its funders and stakeholders
- Helping to ensure that the Directors of County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG file all relevant statutory and regulatory returns and adheres to the contractual obligations to funders
- Ensuring that the Board of Directors are aware of the requirements to comply with the relevant codes such as the Code of Conduct for Board Directors and the Charities Governance
- Ensuring that decisions and actions of the Board of Directors are accurately recorded
- Tracking progress with the Company’s risk register/ business plan/ strategic plan and making sure any correspondence for the Directors is brought to the attention of the Board.
Application for this role will be by Letter and CV to email@example.com. Interviews will be held by video conference due to COVID 19 restrictions
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th October 2020
County Kildare LEADER Partnership CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer