If you get a social welfare payment, the date which you receive your payment may change during the Christmas and New Year period. Details of all payment arrangements for this period are provided below.
If you receive a weekly social welfare payment, you will get your payment as usual during the week commencing Monday 19 December, and an advanced payment for the following week. This applies to payments made at post offices, by cheque or directly into your financial institution account.
|Payment due date||Payment will be made on|
|19, 20, 21 December 2022||No change|
|22 December 2022||21 December 2022|
|23 December 2022||22 December 2022|
|2 January 2023||30 December 2022|
Weekly payments will be paid on normal dates from 3 January 2023.
The change in social welfare payment dates will also affect part-time, casual or short-time workers over the Christmas and New Year period. In order to ensure you receive your payments on time this month, please follow the guidelines on MyWelfare.ie on how to submit your work patterns correctly.
A 100% Christmas Bonus will be paid in the week beginning 5 December 2022.
This year’s Christmas Bonus has been extended to those who have been getting Illness Benefit for 12 months or longer. If you are a long term Illness Benefit recipient, you will receive your Christmas Bonus between Tuesday 6 December 2022 and Friday 23 December 2022.
Please note, the Christmas Bonus will only be paid if your payment is €20 or more.
You may receive the bonus if you are getting:
- Back to Education Allowance *
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
- Back to Work Family Dividend
- Benefit Payment for 65 Year Olds
- Blind Pension
- Carer’s Allowance
- Carer’s Benefit
- Community Employment Scheme
- Daily Expenses Allowance *
- Death Benefit Scheme
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit and Allowance
- Disability Allowance
- Disablement Benefit
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Farm Assist
- Guardian’s Payments (Contributory and Non-contributory)
- Illness Benefit (bonus will be paid between Tuesday 6 December 2022 and Friday 23 December 2022) *
- Invalidity Pension
- Jobseeker’s Allowance *
- Jobseeker’s Transitional Payment
- Magdalene Commission Scheme
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Partial Capacity Benefit
- Rural Social Scheme
- State Pensions (Contributory and Non-contributory)
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance *
- Widow’s/Widower’s/Surviving Civil Partner’s Pensions (Contributory and Non-contributory)
* the Christmas Bonus will only be paid to you if you have been getting an eligible payment for at least 12 months.
All department offices, including Intreo Centres and Branch Offices, will be closed on Monday 26, Tuesday 27 December 2022 and Monday 2 January 2023.