Department of Social Protection – Christmas Payment Dates and Bonus 2022
Information available in Ukrainian
Information available in Russian
Christmas and New Year payment dates
If you get a social welfare payment, the date which you receive your payment may change during the Christmas and New Year period. Details of all payment arrangements for this period are provided below.
If you receive a weekly social welfare payment, you will get your payment as usual during the week commencing Monday 19 December, and an advanced payment for the following week. This applies to payments made at post offices, by cheque or directly into your financial institution account.
|Payment due date
||Payment will be made on
|19, 20, 21 December 2022
|22 December 2022
||21 December 2022
|23 December 2022
||22 December 2022
|2 January 2023
||30 December 2022
Weekly payments will be paid on normal dates from 3 January 2023.
December impact on part-time jobseeker’s declarations
A 100% Christmas Bonus will be paid in the week beginning 5 December 2022.
Please note, the Christmas Bonus will only be paid if your payment is €20 or more.
You may receive the bonus if you are getting:
- Back to Education Allowance *
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
- Back to Work Family Dividend
- Benefit Payment for 65 Year Olds
- Blind Pension
- Carer’s Allowance
- Carer’s Benefit
- Community Employment Scheme
- Daily Expenses Allowance *
- Death Benefit Scheme
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit and Allowance
- Disability Allowance
- Disablement Benefit
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Farm Assist
- Guardian’s Payments (Contributory and Non-contributory)
- Illness Benefit (bonus will be paid between Tuesday 6 December 2022 and Friday 23 December 2022) *
- Invalidity Pension
- Jobseeker’s Allowance *
- Jobseeker’s Transitional Payment
- Magdalene Commission Scheme
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Partial Capacity Benefit
- Rural Social Scheme
- State Pensions (Contributory and Non-contributory)
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance *
- Widow’s/Widower’s/Surviving Civil Partner’s Pensions (Contributory and Non-contributory)
* the Christmas Bonus will only be paid to you if you have been getting an eligible payment for at least 12 months.
Christmas and New Year opening hours