Today is International Day against Violence and Bullying (including Cyber Bullying) in Schools
You can watch the President’s speech to mark the International Day against Violence and #Bullying at School here:
Sticks and stones share with us some valuable resources and ways to cope if you need Help and Support around bullying:
Sometimes it’s easier to speak honestly to a stranger. If you feel it would help you to speak with someone please call one of the numbers below. The people at end of the phone won’t judge you, they will just listen and try to help you.
- Childline 1800 66 66 66
- Pieta House 01 601 0000
- Samaritans 1850 60 90 900
- Teen-Line Ireland 1800 833 634
- Gay Switchboard 01-872 1055
- BodyWhys 1890 200 444
- Console 1800 201 890 The services previously provided by Console have transferred to Pieta House. The 24/7 Suicide Helpline is available by calling 1800 247 247 or texting “HELP” to 51444
- Aware 1890 303 302
Online advice for young people is available from the following sites.
- SpunOut is an independent, youth led national charity working to empower young people between the ages of 16 and 25 to create personal and social change.
- BeLonGTo support young Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Transgender (LGBT) people
- Bodywhys is the national voluntary organisation supporting people affected by eating disorders.
These sites can provide useful advice for parents and guardians
- Parentline provides a completely confidential helpline for parents and guardians. LoCall 1890 927277 or 01 8733500
- NPC National Parents Council Primary “NPC Information/Helpline is a confidential service for parents. The Information/Helpline officers listen, and give information and support to parents to help them make the best possible decisions for and with their children.” If you have a query on any aspect of your child’s education please contact the Information / Helpline on Tel: 01-8874477 email: email@example.comThe Information / Helpline is open from: Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 5pm and on Thursday and Friday from 10am to 4pm Information / Helpline Officers will be available to help you with any issue you may have.
- NPCPP National Parents Council Post-Primary Tel: +353 (1) 830 2740
- Loving Our Out Kids (Formerly Parents Support) is a support organisation run by parents for other parents who have lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender children of any age.
If you want to know more about the Sticks and Stones Programme – please visit www.sticksandstones.ie