On 4 August 2020, the Government announced that the move to Phase 4 that was planned for 10 August 2020 will now be delayed until at least 31 August 2020.
Additional measures announced include:
- Pubs that do not serve food will not be able to reopen on Monday 10 August 2020
- Restaurants will have to close at 11pm
- Face coverings will become mandatory in shops and shopping centres from 10 August 2020
- The current restrictions on indoor and outdoor gatherings will continue with up to 50 people allowed to gather indoors and up to 200 allowed to gather outdoors
- 5 countries – Monaco, San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta and Cyprus – have been removed from the COVID-19 Green List of countries (also called ‘normal precautions’ listed countries) that you can travel to without having to restrict your movement for 14 days when you return home. The public health advice continues to be not to travel abroad.
Extra restrictions in Laois, Kildare and Offaly
On 7 August 2020, following a rise in cases of COVID-19 in these areas, special measures were put in place for 3 Irish counties – Laois, Kildare and Offaly. If you live in one of these counties you can find out about the restrictions on gov.ie. In summary, if you live in one of these counties:
- You can only travel within the county to travel to and from work if you cannot work at home, to go to medical appointments and for farming purposes
- You should not use public transport unless it is absolutely necessary and you should not share private vehicles
- If you meet people indoors you can meet a maximum of 6 people, from no more than 3 households
- If you meet people outdoors, you can meet a maximum of 15 people
- All cinemas, theatres, casinos, betting shops, bingo halls, gyms, leisure centres, swimming pools, exercise and dance studios must close
- No sporting events or matches should take place with some exceptions
You should not travel into any of these counties unless you need to travel through these counties to get somewhere else.
You should not stop in Kildare, Laois or Offaly except for essential purposes. If you are returning from holidays, you can travel in or out of these counties once.
These restrictions start from midnight on Friday 7 August, until midnight on Friday 20 August (2 weeks).
(c) Citizens Information 2020